Friday, August 18, 2006

Now for something completely different

Over the last few years, my parents have been joking about their "condo", a slab of granite at the local cemetery where they want to be buried. I appreciate their planning (they are getting on in years) and it made me start to think about my own mortality (sorry, if you are expecting me to checkout anytime soon, you have another think coming).

I have decided that I want to be cremated (and you can put the ashes in the garbage for all I really care) but if you have some burning desire for a memorial, find an empty bottle of scotch (single malt preferably) and a Post-It® Note and put a pithy Monty Python saying on it. Something like He's not dead (Dead Parrot Sketch) or It's just a flesh wound (Holy Grail). Feel free to select several for when the glue gives out and you have to replace it.

Remember, life is limited, but death is an eternity :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home