Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Just Because It Is Protected, Does Not Make It Right

His [Jones] actions likely would be protected by the First Amendment's right to free speech. The U.S. Supreme Court has made clear that speech deemed offensive to many people, even the majority of people, cannot be suppressed by the government unless it is clearly directed to intimidate someone or amounts to an incitement to violence, legal experts said. (WTOP)

I have said it before. I find this reprehensible. I do not know how Mr. Jones can claim to be a man of the cloth and still think there is nothing wrong with what he is going to attempt, but I guess smarter people than me feel he does have the Constitutional right to do it.

So, go ahead and burn the book Mr. Jones. Your act reminds me of a bumper sticker I saw that said
Fascism will come wrapped in a Flag carrying a Bible. What you do, you do in your own name. No ethical person would support you.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 10:43 AM, Blogger Mojave said...

I'm no lawyer but on what planet does this act not amount to an "incitement to violence". This is the act of a mental 5 year old sticking his tongue out on the playground, only in this case the recipient of that tongue is a throng of millions. One or more of that throng will feel it his duty to knock that tongue out of Jones' mouth, collateral damage be damned.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home