Friday, August 31, 2007

Beckham Injured....again

Beckham could miss 6 weeks with sprained knee Associated Press LOS ANGELES -- David Beckham could miss the rest of the Los Angeles Galaxy's season after being diagnosed with a sprained right knee Thursday. (ESPN)

OK, so sports news normally does not even catch my interest, but this one did, and I certainly hope the LA Galaxy has a hefty insurance policy on this guy.

He may be a good soccer player. Frankly, soccer is just not a sport I follow much. I used to play it, I understand the fascination it has for people but it just does not rock my socks. I put it on par with cricket for entertainment value. I would rather watch golf or NASCAR and would prefer to watch neither. But I do not understand why the Galaxy, with so many really talented players available both in the United States and abroad would even take a flier on a player with the injury record and flat out poor reviews for the way his personality affects the clubs he has been associated with.

Until he married a Spice Girl, he was just another player. Now he has wrenched his knee and even he is saying it might be time to hang it up. OK, he is said he is going "...rest,' and get it right and don't come back until it's right." Sure sounds like that is it for him.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home