Sunday, November 22, 2009

National Novel Writing Month, Day 22

I am not sure what the definition of frustration is, but I have a couple of ideas. It is either not being able to get started when you have write, not being able to write a great deal, despite coving several pages in dialogue or having your word counter tell you that you have passed the magical 50,000 word mark, only to have the official word counting program tell you that you are still 1,000 words short of the mark and then have to write another 1,000.

Well, yesterday, I pushed past the magic 50,000 word mark, according to my word counter, but the official word counter still had me at 49,000. Today, I pushed past 51,000, 51,800 to be specific, and the official word counter agrees with me, although it thinks I am at 50,891. The crux of the argument, I have passed the magical 50,000 word mark, and a week ahead of schedule. And the really good news, is that I still have not finished the story.

So I will continue writing and come the end of the month, I will post my final total.

Of course, you can follow along on the official site.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 5:51 PM, Blogger Dianne L said...

Yay YOU!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home