Friday, October 01, 2010

Facebook Frustrations

Well, I am glad I am not a programmer, because after reading Seth Call's posting on the issues with developing for Facebook, I would certainly look somewhere else for things that needed developing.

Burried down in the comments is this statement: The FB API is documented. Only because there's no JS sample code for you lamers doesn't mean it sucks. Get skill.

What I find funny about it is that one, it is the only comment that says that the API is documented and two, a number of good coders disagree.

So what really is the issue? I would have to agree with Seth. Facebook does not care and as pointed out in another comment, it is nothing but an information harvesting scheme. That seems to hit the nail on the head.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home