Friday, July 20, 2007

Sport Coats and Suit Coats

A couple of days ago, I talked about shorts, especially on woman, as not being proper business attire.

Today I saw something that I thought every man knew, but since I saw it on several different men, I thought I should point it out to the male population in general. To whit:

You do not wear your suit coat as a sport coat

Suit coat material and styling is very specific and looks terrible as a sport coat, no matter how you try to dress it down. It looks really bad when you mix a fine worsted wool suit coat with a pair of never pressed Dockers and boat shoes, especially when the suit coat is a fine window pane pattern. Guys, besides looking silly, you shorten the life of an already expensive set of clothing and replacing a suit is not something any man wants to do more often that he should have to.

If you have to wear a jacket to the office, go get a blazer and a proper sport coat. Then you won't look like you tried to match those light blue stripes in the window pane with that sport shirt from Abercrombie and Fitch.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home